Too Faced Cocoa Contour Review

When I stumble across Contour Palettes, usually I run the other way. I don't know what it is, maybe my contouring skills are total crap, maybe I can't find a contour shade that isn't orange and actually suits my fair skin, I can't really tell what it is but I can never get away with contouring without looking like an umpa lumpa.




However, when I saw the Too Faced Cocoa Contouring and Highlighting Kit, I got intrigued and I thought I'd give it a try. Honestly, it took me completely by surprise.
First off, I like the packaging. Very girly, with the bow and the gold engravings. The palette has two contouring and two highlighting shades, a brush and comes also with a mirror which is always handy and a booklet which shows you the proper way to sculpt your face.


The powders have a sweet cocoa scent and they are very buttery and smooth. They apply like a dream and look so natural on the skin.
I'm very fair so I use Medium Cocoa which is the perfect contouring shade since it is a cool tone shade but I find myself using this for my eye makeup as well, as a crease colour. Light Cocoa is great for setting my concealer but can also be used to intensify the contour (the so called ''baking''), Pop Of Light has quite a bit of glitter (it's not chunky though) so I don't reach for it very often and I wouldn't recommend this for highlighting unless you want a very glittery and obvious effect.  Dark Cocoa is going to be beautiful on darker skin tones.


The brush is super soft, such a good quality and unlike the brushes that come with these kind of palettes, I use this all the time.


Overall, this is a simple yet straight on point palette to achieve a perfect, natural contour. Oh yeah and this comes from a gal who used to hate contouring with a passion.
Below I have a summary of the pros and cons of this palette:




2 comments:

  1. Medium Cocoa looks like the most perfect contouring shade I've ever seen! I may have to go out and purchase this palette now, just for that color! Great review! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is the perfect contouring shade, looks so natural. I think this palette is so worth a try!

      Delete